first post

Started by foggy, November 16, 2015, 01:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

do not know how to start,it has been a lot of years(protect the children),knew i was doing it but did,nt know why.getting some real insight into what my daughters and i have endured . atom bomb thrown into the "family home" when youngest was 12,oldest 20 and married and expecting,destroyed any joy at birth of first grandchild,just too much to talk about,i will try again

Trees

Foggy, I am glad you found this site.  Making that first post can be challenging.  I was a nervous wreck when I was trying to make my first post here.  And I still find it takes a certain amount of courage every time I post even the tiniest message.  But it has gotten easier over the months, and it has even become rewarding to be a part of this warm and supportive group of people seeking a safe place to share parts of our lives that we usually have to hide.

I am so sorry about the "atom bomb" event in your life.  It sounds quite devastating.  I hope you will keep coming back to the site and will eventually be able to share more details with us.

All the best to you and lots of hugs.   :hug:    :hug:    :hug:

foggy

Trees

Thinking of you, foggy.  So glad to see you are still here.

I hope you are looking around the site, finding things to read that might give you some comfort.  I also like reading in a book by Pete Walker, "CPTSD From surviving to thriving."  It is full of helpful information, and also compassion.

Please take care of yourself.  You deserve to be well cared-for.    :hug:    :hug:    :hug: