Im crushed

Started by JohnnyBoy, November 17, 2015, 05:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBoy

oh and one other thing....my son is 8 and already going goth...kinda unsettleing for me to see him like that.

Bimsy

No need to worry, alternative kids are usually known for being headstrong, to go their own ways and to be creative :)
I myself am good friends with a lot of goth/black metal- kids and whatever and we all have had troubles in the past that made us feel different from everyone else.
It doesn't mean he is going criminal or anything, I think it is a comfort to kids who already feel like outsiders to actually take their differences and do something creative with it.

I'd be more worried if I had a kid that would try his best to always fit in and dress like everyone else.
To have courage to be different from everyone else shows character!  :bigwink:

JohnnyBoy

Eh...I was goth once lol....before it was cool....* before it was goth lmao. Not really worried, find it kinda amusing he jams to the same stuff I do, Black  Sabbath, Motley Crue, Godsmack, et al. So lol...no advice on the uh...lady trouble? I'm caught betwixt and between, would love to move forward with it, but yet....helaciously bad timing. My ex keeps saying she knows she was wrong, that she screwed up, blah blah blah, its the same thing every fall, that summer she snaps her twig, just basically dumps me and the kids, goes god knows where all day, until I finally leave (with the kids at her insistence), then that fall (late sept/early oct) she calls me wantng me to come back, she loves me she was wrong she wants us to be a family. Things go as good as I can hope for until lat march/ early april, then bam everything blown to * again and its getting worse every year, not better. I have absolutely zero faith in her anymore. She destroyed that when she put my children through the one ordeal I swore they would never endure. She attempted suicide (almost succeeded), My dad made his attempt when I was 14, and that is a pain a child should never have to feel, to know that your mommy or daddy deliberately tried to take themselves away from you. lol sorry I ramble some times. Anyway where was I? Oh yeah, lol The new um, shall we say...interest?  Should I say * with it a move forward with it, or what? Any advice would be appreciated.

Bimsy

Oh, I thought that you interpreted the goth- thing as something negative when I read your post.
Good thing you've got the same taste in music then :)

About your last question, I'm not sure what you refer to.
Are you asking advice about your ex's recent change of mind?

arpy1

Hey JB, i am glad you sound so feisty and positive!  have been thinking of you.

about your love interest... this is a tough one, is the new lady one who is likely to understand and wait a while? if so, maybe you could talk to her?

are you  going along with your ex believing she is going to marry you next week or have you been able to tell  her how you see things? becos seems to me this could end up being a very uncomfortable situation for you if it goes on without your taking a bit of control over what's going on... oye vie indeed.

regarding the cycles of your ex's behaviour that you mention, i wonder if it might be an idea, (and this is only a question, hope you won't be offended) maybe to keep some kind of record, a journal or something you can keep private from her, of the incidents that happen over a period of time.  and keep records of her texts/calls, her doctors' recommendations etc  just so that when the doo-doo hits the fan again in the spring, you have some kind of documented record to offer the courts that might help your case with getting the kids back? i don't know how things work in the states, but here in uk, that might have a bit of mileage.

anyway, keep strong, JB, you're great!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

JohnnyBoy

Bimsy I was asking, if I should jump in and take the next step with the new "ladyfriend" lol, or appease my ex alittle longer.

Arpy darling, I've spent more time chronicling her disasters, I swear I think it took less time to write The Bible! There are inevitably, some bits of sheer genius on her part I wish I had caught but of course missed (she is so good at catching on unawares). And Arp, your so sweet and kind I don't think you have an offensive bone in your body. Thank you so much for your well wishing, support, advice and just plain giving a damn, they mean more then you'll ever know *winks

arpy1

JohnnyBoy

Help Me oh Help Me I'm going through withdrawl lol.....I've run out of Ray Bradbury Books to read! Must Amazon some more lol! I think I've read just about everything he has Written, just finished Dandelion Wine and its sequel Farewell Summer for like the second time, read The Halloween Tree like for the 12th time before that. My son is already a fan of his as well, he has his own copy of Halloween tree book/movie, and acouple other titles, hes amazing, at 8 the child is perceptive enough to state the he loves the mans writing style and wording. And when he first watched The Halloween Tree Movie (Ray Bradbury does narrate it) the child said he loved his voice and his tone. He wants the complete series of Ray Bradbury Theater ( a series that was on USA back in the 90's.) And as many of his books as he can get. Lol sorry you could probably care less about this. Well I'm off to bed