Intro

Started by susie777, November 18, 2015, 01:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susie777

Hi all,

Pleased to be here :)

My name is Sue, I'm 44. I just realised a year or so ago that what I was having really were flashbacks - I always thought that you had to know what they were about.  For me, they were just emotional, pure blobs of fear.  They happen almost entirely within my relationships, which has led to one divorce under my belt. Now I find myself in the same position in my current relationship. It's like the relationship slowly gets covered under layer after layer of triggers until it's hard to see anymore. I don't want to leave my relationship; I want to learn how to cope within one.  It's just really hard when I want to run, especially when I know that not being in a relationship is much less of a trigger. I guess you can say that relationships are hard anyway, but for those of us who are triggered by them they're MASSIVELY hard.

Anyway, so that's why I'm here, for support and to support others.

Trees

Hi sue, welcome to the site.  :wave:

I totally get it about flashbacks that are "pure blobs of fear."  I have had lots of those over the years, and they are really awful.  And all my dealings with people are colored by all the fear in me.

This site is meant to be a safe place for people like us to talk about these things, to share comfort and understanding and information.  Coming here has helped me feel less isolated and less strange and even a bit less fearful.  I hope you will find safety here also.    :hug:

Our basic frame of reference comes from Pete Walker's book, CPTSD From surviving to thriving."  This book is another place I go to find information and comfort and compassion.  Pete can put into words so many things that I find unspeakably daunting.  He is teaching me compassion for myself.

All the best to you in your journey, and big hugs to you.    :hug:

susie777

Hi Trees,

What a perfect name.  You are one of my two favourite things.  My other favourite thing is Dogs :)

I discovered Pete Walker's site recently and it's been fantastic.  I'm looking forward to buying his book. 

Thanks for the welcome.  It's nice to know I'm in a place where I will be understood and understand what others are going through.