Introduction

Started by Shadowlight, November 28, 2015, 06:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowlight

Hello. I'm new to the idea of Complex PTSD, though I had been diagnosed with GAD, an attachment disorder, PTSD and Panic. This past week my young and eager therapist reluctantly shared with me that the prescriber of the medications I've been on for the past year had also indicated Borderline Personality Disorder, and they didn't want to tell me because of possible stigma (?) but it just didn't resonate with me. From what I can tell, that is not something that you can just diagnose as appropriate for someone in their late 40's with none of those symptoms or actions when you were younger...so I did some research and found that C-PTSD is often misdiagnosed as BPD. I'm still learning.
I had a very chaotic and neglectful childhood that to outsiders may have seemed fun and glamorous. There were a variety of the listed traumas. I was bullied at home and school for a variety of possible reasons, including a bad case of PCOS that led to the appearance of sexual maturity at a young age. I was trapped into a caretaker role from early childhood, and  I recognize myself in some of the childhood examples of how I coped and developed into a person who is now struggling to reprogram herself after a horrible workplace whistleblower/bullying tirade that has left me feeling really broken...
I'm so glad to see some answers here that seem to fit my complex set of life circumstances. I want boundaries that are appropriate, I want relationships that are satisfying, I want to feel less mistrustful. I also have PCOS, which I've read has some grounding in childhood anxiety and cortisol production, so I'm interested in any information that others may have or share about that disorder as a commonality.
Any and all information is a possible key to greater understanding.

Trees

Hi Shadowlight, welcome to the forum.  I don't know what PCOS stands for, not knowing the whole alphabet of diagnoses and not finding it in our list of acronyms, but I have a lifelong history of anxiety and also cortisol problems.  And I have been trying to understand the biochemistry of cortisol disorders.  Could you explain a bit what you are looking into?

All the best you.     :hug:

Shadowlight

PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is an endocrine disorder and a challenge for a number of women. The linkage between childhood cortisol levels and the syndrome suggests there is a correlation according to current research. Once again, it underlines my theory that everything is related to everything.  :blink: