Hello

Started by Purplesjs77, December 15, 2015, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplesjs77

So glad I found this forum. I've really been struggling. Just within the last month I left a toxic relationship and moved. I'm trying to get a new primary care provider, new therapist set up. Takes time. I have previously been diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety, depression and bipolar 2 at one time. My last therapist didn't think I suffered from bipolar. Anyway, I've been researching cptsd and definitely feel that I fall into this category. With all the sexual abuse and others things I dealt with in my childhood... Just a lot of trauma. I'm glad to have found this forum.

Trees

Hi Purplesjs77, I am glad you are here.  Making that first post can be so challenging, so give yourself a big pat on the back for taking a courageous first step here.

You are dealing with quite a lot of change in your life.  I hope you will take loving care of yourself as you settle in to your new circumstances.  We are here to remind you that you do indeed deserve loving care.   :wave:     All the best to you.    :hug:

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Purple :heythere:  You definitely don't need an official diagnosis to be a member here.  Many of us just know the minute we read about CPTSD that it's what we're dealing with. 

Such a relief in one way (finally  knowing what's going on and that we're not crazy), and hard on the other (we have a journey to recovery ahead of us).

Glad you found your way here  and hopefully you'll find some helpful information and support  :hug: