Hello out there

Started by wallflower, December 20, 2015, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallflower

Well this looks like where I need to be. Time to get away from the obsessive thinking about what happened and move on toward the cures and healing.

I had a borderline/histronic/OCD mother, AS/Narcissistic father, bipolar/sociopathic husband...whew! Yes, there's some healing that needs to be done here! So glad to have found this forum.

tesscaline

Hi wallflower.

Here's to healing! :)

-- tess

papillon

Dutch Uncle

Hi Wallflower  :wave:

I'm glad you feel like this is the place to be for you. Welcome to Out of the Storm.
I can relate to coming from a family with a bunch of disordered people. Recognizing that has been a major step towards starting to work on healing the damage inflicted.
It's well worth the fight and struggle.

At OOTS, we welcome members who are dealing with CPTSD through a variety of life's events that befell us.
In the CPTSD Glossary you may find a lot the may resonate with your experiences. A few highlights to start your journey with:
On CPTSD
On Boundaries
One that has been of great value to me personally is: Learned Helplessness
And last but not least: Guidelines for All Members and Guests

Welcome again, I hope and wish this place and community will give you comfort and be of aid on your journey through cPTSD, and a place to share your experiences from both past and present.
:hug:
Dutch Uncle.

wallflower

Thank you all for the welcome, links and words of hope! I will continue reading the various sources on here, many have been very helpful already. Some things I've been doing but didn't realize they had names, like self-soothing. I would like to learn more about Cognitive Behavior Therapy...certainly learned helplessness hits home...and boundaries, that ever-elusive thing! Right now I just feel numb from thinking about all I've been through. People with normal families can't understand.