Finally started to understand EFs

Started by tired, December 21, 2015, 08:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tired

I am hoping that giving them a label this way will help.  It's ruining my life.

I don't what to do about it but I have to start.  I know what they're about and why they happen and now I need strategy. I feel like the clock is ticking and I have to fix this now.

Butterfly

Tired, see if this information helps
http://pete-walker.com/flashbackManagement.htm

Also I read recently that flashback feelings are very real, they are real things making us feel very real feelings. The thing is these events and feelings are past, not present "now" events and feelings. Mindfulness meditation and grounding techniques help to bring us back into and stay in the present.

tired

this is great. what he says about how people get better when it's explained-so true for me.  i get stuck on the part where i have to read things because i'm scared but once i read and educate myself about what's happening-put it into words, i feel better.  it's the labels that help and make it seem manageable and not just some mysterious problem only i have.

Butterfly

Glad it helped. I took that list and pulled out what ones I really needed to focus on and then read it daily, sometimes several times a day. Mindfulness and grounding techniques helped me to stay focused on the present and safe environment.