Recovery

Started by Wolfdream88, October 15, 2014, 04:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfdream88

Hello!  I stumbled across this site as I was looking for answers regarding some issues I've had.  So, my story is kind of long and I won't go into details, unless asked.  I wrote about 3 pages and then looked at what others has posted and realized that it was pretty long.  I was diagnosed with PTSD about a year ago, although after having done some research/reading, I realized that I really suffer from CPTSD, as the signs and symptoms seem to fit.  I was abused constantly as a child and even as an adult, until recently, have been drawn into unhealthy relationships that reflect the abuse I underwent in my developmental years.  For the first time in a while, I finally feel like myself again, but I have definitely had ups and downs.  Armed with the information I've found, I've been able to help myself get to a better place by breaking certain habits and giving myself some positive self talk.  I'm not perfect, but I'm doing alright.

I'm just happy I've found this forum and really look forward to being here and reading/contributing.

Rain

You landed at the right place, it seems to me, Wolfdream88.    Do keep those pages of notes, as I suspect they will be portions of future posts here.   :thumbup:

Sad to hear what you went through, Wolf.   I'm glad you are feeling more yourself.   It can be a rollercoaster.   Many different stories here at the forum, but strings of commonality run through all of them.

I hope you are never perfect, as perfect does not exist.    Be you.    I look forward to hearing more of those 3 pages,

Please do read Kizzie's Welcome topic, and join in topics when you feel like it.   I'm happy you are here, Wolfdream88.

:hug:

schrödinger's cat

Hi Wolf, pleased to meet you. Glad to hear that you're doing okay. I hope you'll find this place helpful.

For me, simply just realizing that I've got CPTSD was a huge relief. It's made it finally possible to tackle my issues in a semi-organized way. And even the eensiest possible progress feels so good after decades and decades of being flattened by CPTSD.

Feel free to tell your story - I think that's a part of what this forum is for, a place where we can tell it as it is. But if you want to take it slowly, that's fine too. If you could mark triggering passages somehow, that would be good.

Wolfdream88

Thank you all for your responses!  :)

Kizzie

Welcome Wolfdream!   :wave: