My personal Revovery experience

Started by Claudia, April 27, 2016, 01:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudia

Dear Friends

So first, thank you all for your bravery, I am a person in long term recovery from this trauma called C-PTSD. I have lived with it for 8 years now. I have found that the only treatment that has given me any long term relief is peer support groups. The medicines work for a little bit then they switch them and those work for a little bit....:: but the fear is always there. When I learned to tell myself that I will have fear because a lot of unnatural things happened to me then the fear lost some power and it didn't turn into a panic attack. I still think that my ex husband is coming to kill me often even after eight years. I still have trouble sleeping but the medicines don't do anything either especially for a person in recovery from drug use. I say this to offer. Hand of hope

Dutch Uncle

Hi Claudia  :wave: and welcome to Out of the Storm.

Thank you for sharing your recovery story. I'm happy to hear progress can be made. Even so long down the road.  :thumbup:
I've only started to hear about cPTSD, and recognize the symptoms in me, a year ago, so I'm only just beginning my journey.

When you speak of peer-support groups, do you mean cPTSD peers? Or did you attend and participate in other kinds of peer-support groups?

I hope and wish you'll find our community a welcoming peer-support group as well. Our Guidelines for All Members and Guests are here to ensure this a safe environment for you and it will give you an idea of the community we create with each other.

:hug:
Dutch Uncle.