Slow Go

Started by globetrotter, August 27, 2014, 12:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Wow, thanks for that Rain!
Lots of encouragement there. I am thankful all of us are not alone, we need each other.
Just thankful I can cry at all, but will rejoice in that I was able to shed so e tears about my past today with my husband. I think it is coming and when I can with my T or not her friend, that will be a breakthrough for me. Not obsessing about it.

Yes, I must say having the freedom to express myself, like that child who never could has been therapeutic. It's coming ever so slowly but is so freeing.
I agree, we could not handle if everything hit us all at once. I woke this morning and realized working through my suppressed emotions has changed me, and I did not like the changes. Had to oust my inner critic. I am tired, exhausted and less motivated. I have crashed yesterday for an hour who he'd caused a horrible nights sleep, but I could not fight the total exhaustion after grieving for two hours yesterday morning.

I find being an older mom with two younger teens and going through this process now very difficult. I am thankful for the two people and one Higher than I that get this, get me, and I have the freedom to be myself. Now I have all of you, special. We are all special, extra special  ;)

I really appreciate the warm welcome and words of wisdom, especially that each day adds up faster than we think. I need to work real hard on the self care. Very foreign, but taking your suggestions to heart. Little things do matter.

Glad you are here and I see active on this forum :wave:

Badmemories

Kizzie wrote:
I was thinking after my session that Maybe I am closed off from the really painful stuff because if I let anyone in, the damn will break and I'm not really certain I could take the pain.  So I'm not sure that I am as afraid to trust others these days so much as I am myself.

I am afraid that I will start crying and not be able to quit! :'( :'( :'(  I had an appointment with psychiatrist this week. I got mixed up on days of the week... apt. was on WED. and when I got up on wednesday, I thought it was Tuesday! I missed My apt.  :stars: I have that happen to me often where I miss days... does that happen to any of You?

I wanted to ask him about who he thought would be a good therapist, and tell him My thoughts on bi-polar vs. cptsd? I was so disappointed at Myself!  :doh: Now I can't get into seeing him until April!  :stars:

Kizzie

April - seriously?  Why is that BadMemories?

Badmemories

kizzie not sure what you mean by why is that? Why can't I get in until April? he is booked until then!  ;D