Where did the timeout function go?

Started by I like vanilla, February 04, 2016, 04:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like vanilla

Hello,

Generally speaking I like the new format for the board. But, I am noticing now that the login function is a straight login. Before we could login and also set the timer to be logged out. Being on the computer is my vice/addictive behaviour. I really need the time out function but it no longer seems to be an option with the login.

Please, does anyone know how to login in now with the timer? Or Please, could the timed login be put back as an option?

Thank you,

Vanilla

Dutch Uncle

From this post in an OOTF thread
QuoteI just fixed the default login timeout on OOTS from 60 minutes to 525600 minutes (a year) I had fixed it on OOTF but not OOTS.
From another OOTF thread, and more relevant to your request, this is what eclipse had to say about it:
QuoteAs a work around I noticed that if I pressed the > symbol without entering my username and password it took me to a screen with the forever option available.
Apparently this is the only way, at present, to access the screen where you can set your own 'time-out'.

Hope this helped.

Yours,
Dutch Uncle

Kizzie

Tks for tracking that down Dutch.  Vanilla - Just to clarify, before you add your user name and password hit the > to the right and that takes you to the screen where you can login and adjust the time.  Eclipse (OOTF) is working on this so hopefully it will soon be back beside the initial login in short order.

I like vanilla

Yay! Thank you! I tried the arrow trick and it worked. I then had to figure out to uncheck the 'stay on forever' button in order to edit the time.

Oh, the irony. You would think that with addictive behaviours toward being on the computer I would have more technical know-how.  ;) Then again, I come on to connect with others. I used to also come on to play computer puzzle games. The siren song of the games is strong but I have ignored it for almost a year. I do, however, still wish to connect with others but know myself well enough to set limits on the time.

thank you both for the follow-up. Now I feel safe participating in the board again (to clarify - safe from my own vices rather than interacting with other from the board :) ).

Kizzie

Wow a year, that's terrific Vanilla!  Big pat on the back for you  :applause:  well, round of applause anyway  ;D  Oh wait I like this one too  :cheer: