Some of my own drawings!

Started by betamax524, February 13, 2016, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betamax524

I hope it's okay that I share my own art here! Drawing has always been a way for me to relax and distance myself from the stress around me... It's one of the few times that I can actually get my brain to agree with me and enjoy something wholeheartedly.

I've always been a fan of X-Men, since my mother and uncle were big fans and I pretty much grew up around the movies and comics, but I've only started drawing stuff inspired by it recently. These pictures are just a sample of my work, and they're from oldest to latest :~)

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: betamax524 on February 13, 2016, 05:24:17 PM
I hope it's okay that I share my own art here!
It sure is! Share your own own or share what you've seen and has made an impression, that's what this board is about.

Great stuff you made. I like it!  :thumbup:

Kizzie

Great work Beta   :thumbup:   Glad to hear it's something you enjoy wholeheartedly, that's often hard to do when you have CPTSD so keep on drawing (and sharing your work)  :hug:

Annegirl

Awesome Betamax! , I love seeing what you created. Art is such an beautiful form of self expression and can be very healing.
:thumbup:  :applause:  :hug:

betamax524

Flutterbye

Mbr thanks heaps for sharing you art  :thumbup:  I love the woman depicted, I see her 'healthy' rage, strong sense of self, her own agency and power. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you'd like to share, for example if it's autobiographical in some way.

Wonderful that you have a way to feel grounded & connected, you're of course very talented. thanks again for sharing, I enjoyed seeing your exhibition!

betamax524

Quote from: Flutterbye on March 17, 2016, 11:09:05 PM
Mbr thanks heaps for sharing you art  :thumbup:  I love the woman depicted, I see her 'healthy' rage, strong sense of self, her own agency and power. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you'd like to share, for example if it's autobiographical in some way.

Wonderful that you have a way to feel grounded & connected, you're of course very talented. thanks again for sharing, I enjoyed seeing your exhibition!

Ahh, sorry this reply is so late! I had a bunch of real-life stuff to deal with, heh :'D

All this is fan art of X-Men characters, but yes, I tend to insert my own feelings and experiences whenever I draw them! It's sort of like... what I want myself to be, in a way. Powerful, unashamed of my emotions, and being able to trust in my own decisions. It makes me feel so wonderful that you were able to gather that from my art! I'll be posting again soon enough, hopefully :D