Today I am grateful for .... (Part 2)

Started by Kizzie, February 17, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

...a wonderful and very loving husband and son.

Jewel

Thanks for the positive thread, Kizzie!   :thumbup:   Always grateful for reminders of what I have to be grateful for.

Today, my gratitude is very basic--for every beat of my strong heart, for every breath in and out of my healthy lungs.  I'm grateful for a comfortable and sheltering home, and for an abundance of food in my cupboards.

Peace.

Jdog

...the ability to use my recovery as a gift in someone else's life.  Last week, one of my high school students expressed the wish to do self harm, and the school counselor and I worked with her quite a bit, provided insight, resources, got her to the psychologist.  Last night, she very confidently stood before an audience of parents and students and expressed the reasons why she enjoys working within the small learning community with which I am affiliated (it was a kind of recruitment effort).  I am so very proud of this young person's determination to overcome her shadow side, and I know that without my own recovery I would not be capable of providing her with support.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE TO BE SUPPORTS FOR ME!!

TakePainsBePerfect

Today I am grateful for my parents, my boyfriend, and a lovely bunch of artists. I am grateful for the space and time and freedom I have been given in order to recover. I am grateful to have opportunities and contacts and people that have faith in me. I am grateful for my mind, despite all its flaws. Most of all, I am grateful that I'm not criticising myself for taking the day off.

On the edge of hope

For entering a new phase of grieving, I suppose...... *cry*

Pulsar

Today I am grateful for the medication which helps keep my emotions stable as I grapple with this new diagnosis.

Sienna

Today i am extremely grateful!:
For plans working out
That me and X are not longer together
For my friend, who celebrated with me today and how was so thoughtful and caring and who also helped me move my stuff out of X's place and is storing it at hers until i have my own place
For having a safe place to stay finally and for being able to stay at friends place for a few days in the mean time
For putting in boundaries with X and going no contact
For this forum

Im just very very appreciative.  ;D

arpy1

pretty wonderful for ur b'day, well done for persevering and staying strong even when it's hard  :applause: YAY you!!

Sienna

Thank you Arpy1 a lot for your understanding of this time being difficult and for recognizing that.
Others around me don't know or understand what I'm feeling, so I'm doing this alone, but you and people here, do help me to feel seen and understood.

I hope you are ok Arpy1  :hug:

Danaus plexippus

Today I am grateful I have a job, a place to live, my two cats and a 13 grain ciabatta with Italian truffle cheese.

Sienna

That sounds really nice Danaus. All of it.
I hope you enjoy our ciabatta. ummm.... :)

Danaus plexippus

10 minutes to go, before I hit the road back home to my cats and that ciabatta.

Sienna

Jdog

Grateful for finally understanding that I don't have to identify with negative thoughts nor do I need to push them away...they are like the weather, but the landscape beneath my thoughts is still lovely.

Danaus plexippus

Today I am grateful I was able to get to sleep last night. I'm still a raw nerve since my credit card company alerted me to over $4,000.00 in fraudulent charges on my card. I'm grateful the credit card rep assured  me I will not have to pay for any charges I did not authorize. I'm grateful I have cash money to go for groceries this week. I'm grateful it's almost quittin' time. I'm ready to go home and hug my cats.