Today I am grateful for .... (Part 2)

Started by Kizzie, February 17, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Jdog

Oh, thanks so much, Kizzie.  My little bug is nothing in comparison with your prolonged ordeal, but I do despise being "out of commission." It feels like this is a new normal, but obviously not.  Each day is just part of a longer journey. 

Three Roses

Today I was especially thankful for my dog. He's a senior, rescued, abused dog who spent his life at the end of a chain. To watch him learn to play, learn to trust, and to stop flinching when he sees my hand is inspiring. If he can do it, so can i! :D

Jdog

Good for you!  We rescued an abused senior dog a few years ago and it is absolutely a gift to watch them lean to trust.  You can do it, too!

woodsgnome

Today I'm forever grateful for my therapist. She stayed with and gently, patiently laid out a challenge, allowing but also guiding me to find a way past a recent extreme crisis situation.

Honestly, words can never express what that means in my heart as I  rediscover life, and along with it rekindle the withering flame of hope from having nearly been  extinguished.

Sienna

Woodsgnome,
Im so happy to hear that!! You must be feeling relieved..and less alone i imagine.
Im so happy she is helping you, and that she is being patient and gentle.
I hope you can continue to feel more helpful.
Im glad you wrote this, as i know we cant PM anymore, and you have been in my mind.  :hug:

Dwonderer

Today I'm grateful to find a community where I found people continually working to improve themselves despite the pain and hurt they have experienced. It's humbling and give me hope.

Wife#2

Though I have been angry and other yucky emotions lately, today I'm thankful for my husband.

He has listened to me, heard me and shown me that he has heard. He's allowed me to take advantage of him, doing more than his 50% relationship share while I sort some things out. He has tried to give honestly good advice. I've found it to be sound advice when I take it. He's seen that I'm a little too tender right now, so has opted to NOT call me on my *, at least not yet. He has proven that he sees me trying to make my way back to myself.

I'm also grateful for my son. He keeps reminding me what unconditional love looks like, making it easier for me to show the same unconditional love to him and my husband.

I'm ALSO grateful for another day above the dirt to try to work this out and show my loved ones that they are loved.

Blueberry

Today I'm grateful for the many good friends I have in and around the town I live in; I'm grateful that 3 separate ones phoned today and that by the third call, I finally felt motivated enough to stay upright and start doing some jobs around the house. I felt grateful a few hours ago for having a choice of what CDs to listen to; I was also grateful that it wasn't raining.

Jdog

I'm grateful for my steady job as a teacher which allows me to do some good in this world.  When t seems that everything is going to he** in a hand basket, I don't have to look far to see that my good attitude is what is needed for these young folks around me to make progress. 

Blueberry

Today I'm grateful that the sun was shining, that spring has sprung and that the weeds are pushing their way up in the garden. I eat the edible varieties and that reduces my grocery bill somewhat.  ;)

Blueberry

Today I am once again grateful for this forum!

Today I am also grateful that my T has decided not to charge me extra for the appointment I missed this week. I don't know why he decided that, but he sent me an email about it this morning. It would have been biiig money, by my standards.

Candid

Blueberry

???  ??? How am I meant to take that comment, Candid?  ;)

Maybe he was so relieved not to see me, he decided to waive the no-show fee?  ;D

Candid

Sorry. It was my best guess as to why he didn't charge you.