Today I am grateful for .... (Part 2)

Started by Kizzie, February 17, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

In a nod to two previous posts, I share the gratitude for walking on two legs and leaving the house.  Added to that:  Running on paths from my house to be present when the sun comes up along the river near my house.  Breathing in and breathing out.  Gaining a fresh perspective and returning to my house with renewed determination to be flexible in facing whatever this day brings.

Blueberry

Sounds really good, Jdog, and belated Congratulations!

Jdog

Thank you very much, Blueberry!  Those baby steps do get easier over time- in all aspects of life.  And...it's still always one foot in front of the next!

Rainagain

A neighbour today who, when he knew I was trying to repair my car, offered the use of his garage.
I started work at home outside in the rain as I can't accept help, he came over, persuaded me to use his garage, made me lunch and then did most of the repair work as he is twice as fast as me.
I am humbled, pathetically grateful and somehow uplifted and nourished by this help.
Some people are wonderful, I forget that too often.

Wife#2

I am grateful for friends old and new - here and in real life
I am grateful for kindnesses, they rebuild my hope in humanity.
I am grateful for life - even when it's challenging
I am grateful for a job - lately that's been a worry
I'm grateful for my son - every day a little more so
I am grateful for this website, often the source of my strength to carry on

woodsgnome

October 9, 2017 -- Thankgiving Day, Canada!!!

I'm thankful for having this forum dedicated to serving so many who need a lift with their lives; ideas, validation, support, and all this site/forum gives its community of wonderful humans aching for a way to cope, survive, and thrive.

Jdog

Woodsgnome-

Happy belated Thanksgiving, and I love what you wrote.

Today, I am grateful for good friends that comfort me and make me laugh during these terrible times our country (United States) is withstanding.