Sensitivity to Sound?

Started by spryte, October 08, 2014, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spryte

Cat - sadly, I actually have the same reaction that your mother does. My sound sensitivity is way worse when I am stressed - and for me, stress keeps happening with this recurring trifecta that I haven't quite got a handle on yet of lack of sleep, lack of food, and too much coffee. When I am well taken care of (by me) my sound sensitivity is way less prevalent. I think I will always just prefer quiet to loud though. I listen to music, all day long I listen to music. But it's MY noise. *I* have complete control over it. It's the sounds that I have no control over that immediately put me on edge.

I was SO happy that the completely random restaurant that I picked for my birthday last weekend was both tasty AND completely empty. Lol

schrödinger's cat

Happy birthday (belatedly)!  :cake:   Interesting, what you say about noise that's under your control. I'm the same with silence. As long as I can get people noises when I want them, I'm okay with silence.

findingmyhome

Quote from: spryte on October 09, 2014, 06:23:46 PM
I can't tell you how much I've been fantasizing about living in a cabin in the woods...far far away from other humans.

I had that fantasy for decades and here I am in the middle of ten acres of woods. 

The neighbor who has two acres running along our ten filled it with a dirt bike track speaking of noise.  I am ready to move and we just got here.  Counting the days.  Maybe 100 acres next time. 

I am sensitive to noise and light.

spryte

Oh findingmyhome.... :blowup:

I can't even imagine.