Chapter 4 summary from Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation by Suzette Boon

• 34 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think not deflating will come by more of our parts working together as not so much energy is being spent by the adult (or executive part I've seen it called). I think part of the collapsing also has to do with the energy it takes to hold back/hide the other parts.  So all paths seem to lead to integration  :yes:

no_more_fear

• View Profile
So sorry I've been absent guys. I haven't been doing very well. I'll reply further through the week, but I was wondering if it'd be okay if I took a week or two's break to get myself back on track? That'd mean I'd post chapter 5 in the week beginning the 16th of May. I hope that'd be okay.

So glad you're doing better Kizzie. I hope you're okay too Dutch Uncle.  :hug: :hug:

Dutch Uncle

• Slowly freeing myself of a burden.
    • View Profile
Sure you can take a break, no_more_fear.  :hug:

Would it help you to post some of what you're dealing with elsewhere on the board?

As for how I'm doing: This group-work has helped me a lot, I'm progressing, and I still do work with 'homework-sheets' and exercises from the chapters we have done so far (piecemeal and by baby-steps, I must admit), but it really is beneficial.  :thumbup:

Thanks for checking in, and you're welcome anytime, anywhere, for anything.

:hug:
Dutch.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:06:08 PM by Dutch Uncle »

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Of course No More Fear. I personally think it's an indication of recovery when we know it's time to take a break.  :applause:

It's a BIG topic too, so baby steps in our own good time.  :yes:

:hug:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:50:16 PM by Kizzie »

no_more_fear

• View Profile
Would it help you to post some of what you're dealing with elsewhere on the board?

As for how I'm doing: This group-work has helped me a lot, I'm progressing, and I still do work with 'homework-sheets' and exercises from the chapters we have done so far (piecemeal and by baby-steps, I must admit), but it really is beneficial.  :thumbup:

Thanks for checking in, and you're welcome anytime, anywhere, for anything.

Thank you for this, Dutch Uncle. I already knew that you and Kizzie would be fine about me taking a break, but it always takes me back when I realise just how supportive you are. :thumbup:

I'm so glad that the group work is helping you so much, it's great to hear. :thumbup: I promise that I'll be back to continue with it shortly.

Posting on another part of the forum is a great idea. I find it very hard to do, but I hope to at some point this weekend.

Kizzie thank you so much for saying that you think it's an indication of recovery when we know it's time to take a break. That made me smile. It was such a lovely thing to say and has given me hope. Thank you again.  :yourock:

I'm starting to feel a litte better, I'm just finding it very hard to deal with my recovery without the help of nicotine and have had to take some time out to adjust.

Thank you both for being so supportive. I appreciate it more than you know.  :hug: :hug: