Covert Narc Mom turned family against me but still emails me from time to time

Started by narcfree2016, April 07, 2016, 12:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

narcfree2016

So my covert narc mom sent me a sappy-sweet email last week.  I blocked her months ago, but I routinely go through my spam and open emails from her, but don't reply.

In all honesty, the last email she sent was practically sociopathic in its fake niceness.  Literally no one else in my family is speaking to me right now, except for the one person I don't want to hear from.  My head nearly exploded (figuratively).

Having dealt with narcs on several occasions, I have to say that when they turn everyone against you, and then continue to contact you as if they are completely "innocent", this is my least favorite part.  I had a narc friend that I took three years to completely get out of my life.  She sent me emails on birthday, even though I never responded. 

However, I need to not read my spam.  In a sense, I kind of triggered myself by doing this. 

Dutch Uncle

Hi narcfree2016,

I can relate. It's crazy making that after having treated us so horribly they pretend nothing has happened and life (and contact) can go on like all is fine and dandy. It boggles the mind. I can relate to the head exploding too!

I'm sorry to hear about the many years it took to get your narc friend out of your life. Unfortunately that's the way it is, and the way this will probably play out as well.  :sadno:
Stay strong, it has helped me tremendously to watch and read on "No Contact" and "Hoovering". It doesn't help much regarding the gut-wrenching feelings these mails and other covert actions coming my way, but it helps me in my resolve to not get baited and to let it peter out.

It has also helped a lot to vent here on OOTS if yet another hoover was being perpetrated. Part of the deal of these schemes is to isolate the victim, I've come to understand, so here's a place to stay connected to others like you. And me. And many of us.
:hug: