New here...

Started by farrell, April 24, 2016, 03:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farrell

Hi everyone, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I am a 43 yo only child of an overt narc mother, and a covert narc stepfather. Bio dad never in the picture. Went no contact when they abandoned me on Christmas 12/14 and have since stayed NC which, I consider to be one of the greatest achievements of my life. However, I feel completely frozen - the main abusers are gone - weeded out the narc friends, however no one is left. I am totally alone, except for 2 friends. No family - narc parents drive them all away. I started therapy on Friday and have a great feeling about my counselor. Want to leverage the time I have in therapy to learn more about this & recover from it, she has a specialty in PTSD and trauma, but not C-PTSD. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. In many ways I feel a sense of arrested development. hope to individuate and feel a greater sense of knowing myself, apart from who they told me I was. Look forward to getting to you know you all  :wave:

Jdog

Hello, Farrell, and welcome!

Glad you found our site and congrats on beginning therapy.  Individuation is an interesting and gradual journey.  I am finding that I regain parts of myself all of the time, thanks to my diligence and to the help of my support system. 

Read posts, respond, and write your own thoughts as you feel moved to do so.  I hope that you find some kindred spirits here and some helpful insights also.

Kizzie

Hi and welcome Farrell  :heythere:   How is therapy going?