My shrink told me I'm sick I have a disease

Started by Danaus plexippus, April 28, 2016, 03:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna

Oh, I'm so glad Danaus.
I like research too. haha, yes you can do it on your Velcro But!
Melatonin is recommended too for sleep- its natural and has not many side effects. It helps you drift off and to sleep deeper, thus decreasing the levels of Cortisol that are produced the next day to try to get you to wake up and have energy.
Im sorry to hear about your sleep disorder.
Im pretty sure i have one too, maybe hypersomnia and sleep onset insomnia.

I hope you can resolve this.  :hug:

Danaus plexippus

My new shrink is on vacation and I needed a doctor to call in my non-refillable meds. I left a message at the desk and halfway through group therapy I got a call from my X shrink saying he would contact the pharmacy for me and that he had enjoyed working with me. I said thanks and refrained from returning the complement. It felt awkward. I had passed him in the hall earlier that day and not acknowledged him. I remain unskilled in the art of B.S.

Sienna

Hey Danaus,
I hope you got your meds.
I don't know how things ended with your X shrink, or how you felt about it, or how you felt about his compliment.
I tend to not believe peoples compliments, and i wonder if my T is attached in any way at all...
Compliments feel awkward to me.
And endings are hard.

I don't know about you, but i get really embarrassed if i see my T about.
And i don't give too much of myself ie. returning compliments if I'm upset with someone. Maybe not the best way to handle things...but, thats my natural instinct to behave.

Are you ok Danaus?  :hug:

Danaus plexippus

For better or worse, yes I got my meds. Yesterday taking a step backwards I lost my balance and fell. This morning going down the stairs I've gone down every morning for the past 9 years, I missed the last step and fell again. I'm covered in bruises and my new doc is seriously concerned about my meds. He wants me going back to a neurologist he can confer with.

My x shrink exacerbated my suicidal ideations. Not being a mind reader, his agenda is beyond my powers of deductive reasoning. Someone you recommended to me has this to say about that: https://youtu.be/F6J7z0608OU

Sienna

I hope you are ok after your fall Danaus. Scary.
I do hope they can help you with your meds. Do you think its the meds causing you to loose your balance?  :hug:

Im sorry it didnt work out with your X shrink.
I can see why you feel awkward speaking to him and seeing him about.
And Omg!- i watched that video of his too. Very relevant to my life right now and appropriate. So helpful. Are you seeing a new shrink?
Hope the questions aren't inapropiate- but if you don't wish to answer- feel free of course.

Danaus plexippus

We are all anonymous here. You may ask whatever you please. You may not always get a pretty answer. Medicated as I am there is a tendency to let it all hang out. If not for my suicidal ideations, I would never have allowed myself to be experimented on like this. The x shrink wanted me on 200 MG of Sertraline QD. I have currently titrated myself down to 25 MG QD. Yes, it does effect my balance, eyesight, judgment, cognitive functions, ability to cry when socially appropriate, tinnitus, etc., etc. It's the least horrible SSRI or SNRI I'd ever been prescribed. I had really hoped I could stick with it, but falling at my age is too dangerous; especially since I'm a childless, orphaned, widow and my only sister is dead. The last time I broke a leg I had to hop up to my third floor apartment on one leg with my groceries strapped to my back. It's just lucky for me I'm in the habit of stocking up on kitty litter in-between falls.
I need to take the Spartan Life Coach course on assertiveness so I can deal with this interpersonal crap. I briefly investigated NLP, but found it's reliance on the use of grammatically incorrect sentence structures annoying to the point of uselessness. Richard Grannon gets away with it by being  entertaining, but even he admits to having reservations about NLP. I don't intend to delve too deeply into NLP, perhaps just because of it's reliance on mutilated grammar. I may just get a copy of the Dummies Guide to NLP  so I can be alert to others trying to use it against me.

Sienna

Im glad you didnt mind my questions, and its ok with me if the answer isn't pretty. Thats what the forum is for imo, for stuff that is real.

I do agree with you that coming off the med you are on, is best as you are having falls.
And all of the side effects are a lot. It seems dangerous to me that those side effects are still with you when you have been on the drug for a while. I thought - as they say on the packet, that the side effects only last whilst your body gets used to them...but again, maybe what we are being told is not the truth.

Im so sorry you have know one who can help you.
The last time I broke a leg I had to hop up to my third floor apartment on one leg with my groceries strapped to my back. It's just lucky for me I'm in the habit of stocking up on kitty litter in-between falls.
That is some serous stuff. Im just sorry and i wish i could help you out. If you lived where i do, i would be right over there offering you help when you had your falls! Its very hard being with out others who can help, and having to take care of yourself when your down, sick, or in tousle.

Im sorry its so hard for you dealing with all these doctors.
I know that i would find that hard because of my lack of trust, and difficulty in advocating for myself. And i never trust my own perceptions or feelings about things that are happening, so i worry about being mind controlled or fooled too.

Its great that you mentioned Richard Grannon's opinion on NLP because I'm doing an online intro to live coaching and it talks about NLP being one of the therapies some life coaches use and i was like hummmm :( . ...not sure about that..
I don't know much about it but i thought that Richard said he didnt like it because it was mind control / programming / brain washing...something of that nature, and i don't just jump blindly on board with other peoples opinions but i was thinking that if i ever were to become qualified in the future and in a position to teach NLP i would have to have a good look at NLP, and its tempting to believe Richard because he is good i think with Cptsd topics...but yes...have to decide myself...but i was looking in a way for that answer about what he thought of it. So thanks!

We are here for you Danaus, and i just wish the best for you. I hope you can find something that works well for you.  :hug:

sanmagic7

hey, danaus,   i'm glad you're getting your meds straightened out.  falling is not a good thing at all, and i can totally relate to that. 

you didn't need to return your ex-shrink's 'compliment'.  that's a pretty standard statement from an ex- (fill in the blank), someone in the helping professions, especially from someone who doesn't want to look too closely at why s/he is now an 'ex'.

hang tough, danaus.  we're here with you.