Online Diagnosis ??

Started by Alice97, May 09, 2016, 01:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice97

I've never been officially diagnosed with cPTSD. For a lot of reasons going to get evaluated by a GP or a T isn't an option, so I was wondering if there's anyway I could get tested online? I don't mean all the free tests out there (like on the PsychCentral website), although I always test very high on those, but an actual test by a qualified person who can give me a proper diagnosis.

Kizzie

Good question Alice, I don't know of anyone who has been officially diagnosed online or over the phone even, but that's not to say it's not available.  Maybe someone will read this who has better info.  In the meantime, perhaps you could email/phone your local association of psychiatrists/ psychologists to check into this?  It would be great to hear what you find out. 

Alice97

Quote from: Kizzie on May 09, 2016, 06:08:08 PM
Good question Alice, I don't know of anyone who has been officially diagnosed online or over the phone even, but that's not to say it's not available.  Maybe someone will read this who has better info.  In the meantime, perhaps you could email/phone your local association of psychiatrists/ psychologists to check into this?  It would be great to hear what you find out.

I found a clinic near me that offers remote (distance) therapy through Skype. I think that could work, if I can find a way to do it without anyone knowing.

Kizzie

That's great Alice  :thumbup:  Hope it goes well!