Really need some advice on living situation

Started by Sienna, May 11, 2016, 02:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna

Hey guys
I have know idea where to put this, as all the categories seem inappropriate for this matter.

I just don't know what do do now, and i thought, http maybe some of you right have advice or suggestions regarding what i should do...

Not living with Narcissistic X anymore
I was still at his place whilst i was finding my own place to live.
I left, due to his behavior, and have been staying at a friends place.

I don't want to be in their way, so i contacted Womens Aid for advice on a women refuge to stay whilst i sort myself out. I need a safe space to do all of it.
I contacted a refuge where i live and they said they have room for me to stay.
They said they would ring me back about it, and to just wait, so i waited and had no calls.
I rang back today and they said it went to voice mail. I have no missed calls on my phone, but maybe they don't show up for safety.
She said she couldn't leave me a message for safety reasons.

She said there is no space at the refuge.
I don't know if thats because i didn't answer their call as it didn't come through, and a space has been taken up,
or because I'm at a friends so I'm not a priority.
The lady said I'm homeless, - (i am), and that maybe applying to a homeless shelter would be better.
I googled the website she gave me the number from and it looks really complicated.

I didn't apply to the homeless thing..the band thing...because
I didn't want to end up somewhere i hated.
I just wanted to get a rented flat, as if i up my income, i would be able to afford that, and i would then need to apply for housing benefit once i have my place,
(I'm visually impaired and not in a full time job at the moment, and CPTSD is an issue to working at the moment)

so i don't know if i should stay here where i am at friends, and just try to up my income, and then i can start looking for places to live.
I don't know if i should try another refuge, or if there even is one.

Im just so disappointed.
I don't want to sound like I'm moaning.
It just seems that when things finally seem to be working out, it just suddenly all falls flat and I'm un hopeful again.

Does anyone here have any advice, or have any of you been in a similar situation?
Thanks a lot