Cannot find the "introduce yourself" board

Started by islandgardener, February 15, 2016, 12:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgardener

I am new to this group.  I have c-ptsd and have some questions about the enormous shame I have for having c-ptsd.  I feel as though the chronic verbal and emotional abuse and physical violence that were a large part of my childhood aren't "enough" for me to be so paralyzed.  There were a lot of good things about my childhood in addition to the abuse.  My two youngers sisters seem fine and even though I got the brunt of it, they were subjected to it too.  There are so many people out there who were molested, raped, in wars etc......I feel so wimpy having c-ptsd as a result of much less severe trauma.  I can't even make a good start at working on it because I feel as though I am making much ado out of nothing.  Can anyone relate?

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS islandgardener  :heythere: 

I moved your post here to the welcome section as this is where most members post an intro.  As you'll find from reading and sharing here, what you endured is more than enough to feel paralyzed. What we all have in common, whether we suffered sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse is devaluation and invalidation of our sense of self/soul/spirit, safety and belonging in the world which led to a shared set of symptoms.

Having grown up in a  household with covert narcissists I can very much relate to not feeling like I 'qualified' as having been abused. I couldn't even sort it out as emotional abuse for the longest time, but at OOTF I came to see just how bad things really had been in my childhood.  Gaslighting, hoovering, enmeshment, triangulation and on and on - just soul crushing and crazy making. 

So, maybe now is the time to make much ado about something very real that happened to you. This is definitely the right place for that.   :hug:

Dutch Uncle

To Kizzie:

We changed the name of the "Introduce yourself" board to "Welcome to OOTS" a while ago.

In the Guidelines it is still referred to it's old name.
QuoteGetting started
Begin by making a post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.
Possibly this added to the confusion.

Kizzie