Relationship Hurt

Started by Lilone, May 27, 2016, 04:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilone

I have major C-PSTD about 9 years ago I met someone that stole my heart we dated for three years she left me and moved on to someone else for 6 years last May we reacquainted she had only been single 4 months when we got back into a relationship during that time I told her it was only right  that she told her ex about me  she stated she couldn't as she didn't want to hurt her and finally a month ago she called me and said she didn't want to do our relationship anymore leaving me devastated, during our time together she told me all these wonderful things everything I wanted to hear she was aware of my C-PSTD and always said that was along time ok and I need to get over it I am so broken  I am unable to have work relationship too

Dutch Uncle

Hi Lilone  :wave:  and welcome to Out of the Storm.

Relationship breakups are so hard to stomach, aren't they.

I'm so sorry to hear she came back into your life only to leave you for a second time. Of course she knew how to tell you all you wanted to hear, she remembered from the last time. It's so hard she didn't follow through on her commitment to come back with you.

Yes, for us with cPTSD these things hit hard, but know your cPTSD didn't cause her to leave you. She is the cause why she left you, not you.

:hug: