board confusion

Started by radical, May 29, 2016, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radical

Hi there.
I appreciate this forum, I've enjoyed following some of the links people have posted and valued experiences and wisdom shared.

That said, I'm wondering if there is a simplified "active topics" function because I have great difficulty navigating in this forum because it has so many different topics and headings.  I was grateful to discover that I can find posts that I have made via the profile function because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where I had put them.  Sometimes I read something and want to follow it, or come back to it, but I need a notebook to write down where it was.

I don't want to be criticial, I am very glad this place exists, but what would make it much simpler would be if I could go to a screen that brings up the active discusssions, and makes a new reply to an old discussion "active".

Dutch Uncle

Hi Radical  :wave: ,

a lot you wish is readily available.  ;)

In the top right of your screen there are the options "Recent Unread Topics" and "Updated Topics" which probably will cover your request.

For threads/topics you want to revisited at some point, simply choose "mark unread", which can be chosen either directly above the first post or directly below the last one. The thread will show up in the "Updated Topics" link.

In the main page all sections with new posts are marked blue, and a yellow "new" sign will be placed next to the relevant child-board. Alternatively, follow the "Updated Topics" link.

I hope this helped,
Yours,
Dutch.

radical

Many thanks, Dutch Uncle,
That makes things Sooo much easier!