New member here.

Started by Silverlight, June 03, 2016, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverlight

:heythere:

Hi I'm Silverlight. Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself. I'm 33 years old and a single mum with 2 daughters. We live in Queensland, Australia.

For years I was diagnosed with depression, however I always felt there was more to it than that. My psychologist, who I've been seeing now on and off for 5 years, recently told me she believes I have C-PTSD. Tonight I can't sleep (it's currently 5.22am here) and research brought me here.

Dutch Uncle

Hi Silverlight  :wave: and welcome.

I hope and wish our community will be of aid to you in your recovery from cPTSD.
Having trouble with sleep at times is a quite common phenomena, as I experience myself and quite a few others here.
I hope this night turned out for the better.  ;)

An article that helped me with accepting and coping with restless nights is rest at Sleep's threshold

:hug:
Dutch

mourningdove

Three Roses

Hello and welcome! I'm new to this forum too. After having seen many therapists & counselors, the last one identified me as having PTSD. Through research I found out about complex PTSD and think I fit the description. Hope you find the answers you're seeking!  :thumbup:

Silverlight

Hi everyone! Thanks for the article Dutch Uncle. I'll be sure to check it out. I eventually fell asleep at 6.30am to be woken just after 9 by my toddler. I'm so tired.

I've been prescribed sleeping pills a few times when I've been badly triggered (temazepam) however as I've had suicide ideation my psychiatrist doesn't like prescribing them too often. Plus they're only a short term fix.

I see my psychologist Wednesday so I'm hoping she can help me deal with triggers. Had an awful nightmare last week and is brought things to the surface, I'm sure many of you can relate.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Silverlight  :heythere:

Sorry to hear you had a reaction to hearing about CPTSD.  On the one hand it can be a relief finally knowing you have a disorder and aren't crazy or whatever, while on the other it can be overwhelming to accept that you may have the disorder and need to recover.

Glad to hear that you do have a T, that can be a big help in recovery.  Hopefully you will find coming to OOTS helpful too  :hug: