New member, *Possible Trigger*

Started by km_watts, June 12, 2016, 02:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

km_watts

Hello,
I'm new to this site. I am a wife and a mother. I was diagnosed in 2008 with CPTSD but not treated. Here is my a bit of my story. I grew up in house where not only were my parents (mother and step dad) addicted to meth but so was my extended family and mostly everyone else they knew. I've encountered neglect, physical, sexual, ,emotional abuse, and severe bullying at home and school. This in turn has affected me, in that I have been severely self destructive in the past and I often have a "what now, or whats next" negative type of mentality. I have trust issues, I'm always expecting something bad to happen, someone to screw me over. I need to move forward and heal. That is all I will say for now. I'm optimistically cautious to be here.

Three Roses

I'm so sorry to hear how you've been treated. We all understand; this is a good place to express yourself, be heard, and get the support & resources you need. We understand "what now, what next?"

I'm glad you made it. I'm glad you're here.

km_watts

Thank you, It feels comforting to be here.

LanaBanana

Hi km_watts, thank you for sharing your story, that took a lot of courage!  :hug:
I'm so sorry all of this has happened to you, that sounds really awful. I hope you find the support you need on this forum.
Welcome to OOTS! We're happy to have you here!  :hug:

Kizzie

:yeahthat:  We are happy you found your way here KM, welcome and I hope you find some good information and support  :hug: