Hi, I'm new here

Started by LanaBanana, June 06, 2016, 12:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanaBanana

Hi,

I'm new here and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm LanaBanana, I'm 21 years old and I am pretty sure I have C-PTSD from years of abuse. I am currently in therapy and healing. Reading through some of the posts on this forum has been really eye-opening for me and I'm glad I found this website.
Thank you so much for this!  :disappear:

mourningdove

Three Roses

Silverlight

Dutch Uncle

LanaBanana

Thank you for the welcome everyone!  :wave:
I'm having a bit of a tough time healing, does anyone have any suggestions that could help?
Thank you!  ;D

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome LanaBanana  :heythere:

I think the best advice you'll read about here is to take things slowly and in baby steps.  It took time for the trauma to layer on, and it takes time to peel them away.  :yes:

The other would be to engage a T who is trained and experienced in dealing with CPTSD.

:hug:

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: LanaBanana on June 06, 2016, 03:02:05 PM
I'm having a bit of a tough time healing, does anyone have any suggestions that could help?
Keep posting  ;D

It's called complex PTSD for a reason. :(

What's the tough part at the moment?
:hug:

LanaBanana

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  :hug:
I've just posted an entry for the Recovery Journals, I hope I'm on the right track  ???

gonelikeyesterday

Hi Lana, I'm new here, too. I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you. Moving forward has been the hardest part for me, too. I don't know how to do it, besides together with someone you trust.

LanaBanana

Thank you Gonelikeyesterday!  :)