Change of Password ?

Started by MoonHare, June 07, 2016, 08:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonHare

After a break I decided to come back but am now having problems. My  P/W is not working any more. Is there any way of resetting it or can I create a different account similar to the name I have now.

Thank you for any help

MoonHare

Dutch Uncle

Hi Moonhare,

You can change your password in the "Account settings" tab. (Link at the top of your screen, next to your avatar.)
There is also an option to formulate your own "Secret Question" and formulate your own answer to that. In case you loose your password, this question and answer will allow you to retrieve your password.

Since you are able to log in, I assume you have access to your "account settings"?

I hope this helped.

MoonHare

Thank You Dutch Uncle but I am still unable to change my password. My old password is not been accepted which i need to change to my new password si I am stumped. I have tried so many times and its keeps saying error :( If all else fails, delete this account if one can and creat a new one ?

Dutch Uncle

If you just delete the account and not your individual posts your old account will show up with "guest" under your avatar. By all means create a new account.
But do that first before you delete your old one.  ;)

What else might work is to log out, and copy/paste your password from the log in screen? That only works if your device stores passwords automatically though. And I'm not even sure if one can copy/paste the password that only shows *******.

If you can't log back in, I guess the Administrator (Kizzie) could deactivate your old account. But I'm not sure about that.

The Moon Hare

Ok I am back as The Moon Hare as it seemed i couldn't get my account to work out. I appreciate your help Dutch Uncle  :hug: I will now have a go deleting my old account ....

The Moon Hare

If Kizzie could delete or deactivate Moon Hare my old account it it would be appreciated. I have had so much trouble sorting this mess out that I think I need a break  :stars:
Thank you once again for you help.