Started by Contessa, June 09, 2016, 05:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Hello all,

I am a new member to OOTS and new to forum contribution in general. I have just been diagnosed with cPTSD by my psychologist and am at the beginning of my recovery. I have been researching and reading up on cPTSD and related mental health conditions in an attempt to finally understand what has been happening to me over the last several years.

It has been very helpful and inspirational to read the personal stories of others, and see the support that each person gives one another. Life at the moment feels like it is on hold, so it I look forward to restarting it again with you.

Thank you for having me here  :)

Dutch Uncle

Hello Contessa  :wave:  and welcome to OOTS.  :hug:

Great to hear you already have found this site and community inspirational and has been of help to you. I hope and wish you will find sharing your experiences here, as you see fit, will be of aid in your recovery process.

Welcome again and thanks for joining us,
Dutch

LanaBanana

Hi Contessa and welcome!  :heythere:   :hug:

mourningdove

Welcome, Contessa!  :hug:

Three Roses

Hello, and welcome  :cheer:

Kizzie

Hello and a warm welcome to OOTS Contessa  :heythere:

Thumper

Hi!
I am new too,  I just purchased Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A GUIDE AND MAP FOR RECOVERING FROM CHILDHOOD TRAUMA,

Do you want to read it and do a book club thing?

Thumper

Contessa

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

Hello Thumper! I can see that book has been discussed a lot. Do not have a copy of that book but i'll keep an eye out. Have you started yet?