Sent a social SMS for the first time in >6years!

Started by Flutterbye, June 19, 2016, 06:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flutterbye

As I've posted around the forum of late, I've been working hard on my social isolation, boundaries, building healthy human connections as the focus of my recovery for a while now. Including starting my own friendship group and beginning the very early stages of what may have potential to be some healthy new friendships. this weekend I felt strong enough to send my first friendly SMS in over six years! The last time I did this was to my exfb, way back when I had a bf (who dumped me!). I lost just about all my confidence with that relationship, how it went & how it ended, and the few new people I've had the courage to SMS since (after they'd given me their phone number), turned out to be not healthy friendships so they ended quite abruptly.

This went really well  ;D. It was quite nerve-wracking - I'd forgotten that I get nervous waiting for a reply to an SMS - and a mini roller-coaster of emotions. But overall it went well! I even managed to reply back with a 2nd SMS. I actually feel better for this, a bit more human. It seems like such a tiny action, such a normal thing that socially connected people do ten times a day I suppose but for me at this point in my life it's a huge achievement. Yay! It feels just a little bit like my social connectedness could one day improve in the future, be a more normal part of life.

thanks to all at OOTS for your support, humour and understanding about social isolation and my goals on this. You rock!

radical

Dutch Uncle

Three Roses

That's great! What a feeling of accomplishment you must feel!  :party:

samantha19

:cheer:

Go you!  :)

These achievements may seem little compared to other people but they are definitely not small for us. They are milestones. Well done!
  :waveline: