New to life

Started by Dee, June 19, 2016, 10:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Hi,

I came here because I always feel so different and alone.  I thought maybe I would find that I'm not as different as I think I am.  I made the subject new to life, because I feel I am working towards a life and not an existence.  I was recently diagnosed CPTSD in January, but only told about the diagnosis about two weeks ago.  I feel like people tip toe around me and keep things from me so I don't get too upset.  I've just ended a 20 year extremely controlling and emotionally abusive marriage, retired from the military, recovering from anorexia, dealing with major depression, and starting to address past traumas to include a difficult childhood and military trauma.  I have hope for the first time there really is a life ahead.

So here I am, hoping for, desperate, for validation.  Just to know I am not alone.

Dee

radical

You are most definitely not alone, Dee.
I understand having experienced years of abusive relationships and working towards having a life rather than a mere existence.  That seems to be the norm around here.
Have a look around, and read the various resources, and others' experiences.  This is a supportive place and you are welcome here.
:heythere:

Three Roses

Welcome, Dee! I've found this forum to be supportive and validating, and I think you will, too.

If CPTSD is new to you, definitely do check out the Resources link here. Also pete-walker.com has a ton of illuminating info.

We're glad you are here, welcome to life :hug:

mourningdove

LanaBanana

Welcome to OOTS Dee!  :heythere:

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot!  :hug: I hope you'll be able to find the help you are looking for here, we've got lots of resources on C-PTSD and a great community who's gone through different traumas.

We're happy to have you with us!  :)

Dutch Uncle

Hi Dee and welcome.

I hope, wish and trust you'll find this a community for validation and companionship.

:hug:
Dutch.

Boatsetsailrose

Hello Dee
I was just thinking today 'I am new at life ' ... It's like I am starting small
In an adult body
I have found this forum so healing validating and kind and I am glad you are here too ..
Healing starts right here right now however small
Depression is part of my story too and coping
We are not alone
Blessings