Teens and sex ed

Started by Dee, June 25, 2016, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Being a mother has been a scary thing for me.  I read everything I could get my hands on about how to raise them.  I never had a role model.  The hardest thing for me has been to talk about anything sexual.  I have relied on finding things for them to read or watch.  I will watch and read it with them and answer questions if I can and not too triggering.  I recently found the tea consent video on you tube.  If you are like me, this is golden.  It's educational and funny.  I feel like I am teaching my 16 year old son respect and responsibility.

Three Roses

Good on ya for finding healthy ways to raise your kids!  :applause:

Kizzie

:yeahthat:    :applause:  and   :hug:   Dee.  ( I didn't know what the video was so I included the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8).  Great video for teens (and more than a few adults).

papillon

This video cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!

Seems like a great parenting decision to me  :thumbup:

LittleBird

I know this is a bit of an old post now Dee, but just want to say thank you for posting this. It's helpful to hear it put this way, simply because it's the level of safety I can cope with right now.

Sceal

They showed me that video on the SA center about a month ago. And it was incredible reaffirming. And somewhat scary as I had to be confronted with a few things. But it was for sure incredible helpful.
I wish it was a mandatory video all pre-teens, teens and young adults should watch.