My Friend

Started by The Moon Hare, June 16, 2016, 11:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Moon Hare

When I was in the UK I had some great long term friends, but moving to the US things changed and we lost contact. I have heard it said that when one is an adult it can be harder to make friends and I agree. Still where I live there are some good people and I am learning to be more OUT there :)

I wanted to share something that touched my heart so much. I have a friend who has Leukaemia and is going through Chemo. She is a mum of 4 children and thankfully her mum is staying with her as her husband works long hours.

Anyhoo about an hour ago there was a knock at the door and it was one of her boys  with a pretty carrier bag with a card and a box of Tetley Tea Bags. I Used to drink Tetley back home and found it here in the US.  I gave her a  box of Tetley and got her hooked on it.

Anyway she told me what a great friend I was and well I was almost in tears as I felt so touched that she did that for me. Told her that I loved her and we both know that we are FRIENDS and well it just felt so good.

I keep her in my prayers as I don't want to lose her and she has now gone down with a cold, she didn't want me to come in case I got it, as if that bothers me . Didn't stop me going over there to give and snag some big hugs.

I am grateful and happy to know her and wanted to share something that has made me happy. Sometimes life gets overwhelming, but today has been a good one for me. I hope that your day is good for you too as I know having CPTSD is unhappy making to say the least.
:hug: If wanted

Three Roses

What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing, and  :hug: back to you :)

Flutterbye

thanks for sharing moon hare.  :thumbup:

I love tea too. Twinings Lady grey is one of my my fav's.

I'm so socially isolated I took the extreme measure of starting my own friendship group to try to build some healthy friendships. The kind of moment you describe is something I've only ever been on the giving end of, not the receiving.. so maybe one day

gongfy

I had a friend like that once - the kind that would bring things unexpectedly.  She brought me chicken soup when I was sick.  She has been my best friend for almost 20 years now.  All of the sudden, she has backed off.  When I asked her if I had done something to offend her or upset her - she blamed it on an issue with her daughter.  We always spend our birthday together - they are a day apart.  This year she decided to go camping instead.  Then, she cancelled the last two things she has invited me to do.  She knows a little about my FOO issues, but not about my recent diagnosis of CPTSD.  I was hoping to share it with her, but now I don't feel safe.  This not having anyone else to share it with except anonymous people at the other end of a keyboard (no slight intended) has me feeling very lonely indeed.

Three Roses

Gongfy - it is a lonely feeling, isn't it. I have no one either, not a face to face type friend; only those who are, as you say, at the other end of a keyboard. Still, it's better than nothing until I can get to a therapist, and maybe some kind of support group.

gongfy

Thanks Three Roses,

I guess I am feeling a little vulnerable today.  I am working with a new therapist to try and heal some of the brain based issues caused by my CPTSD - the anxiety and emotional flashbacks.  Part of the process involves constructing a timeline, and then working with memories related to that timeline.  It is called Lifespan Integration Therapy.  Today I was working on the timeline and just the writing down of my messed up past rips the band-aid off yet again.  I have processed, and processed, and processed this stuff - but it still has amazing power over me.  It just makes me sad and tired - and lonely.  It reinforces the sense of separateness I feel - like I don't belong, and never will.  Hopefully, this new therapy will help to integrate that.  It is a heavy burden to live with for so long.