Too much drama in my life all the time ** trigger alert, no details**

Started by Dee, June 27, 2016, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Sometimes I wonder how I can possible work on recovery when there is always so much going on.  In the last year I retired (I'm 42) was diagnosed with anorexia, major depressive disorder, CPTSD, severe osteoporosis, started and quit another job, got divorced, moved across country......I feel like I am forgetting something.

Now, I have an inheritance from an Uncle, the only family member I ever liked.  I am American and he is British.  The money was available the day the pound crashed.  I told my cousin to hold it and let's see what happens.  I'm pretty sure my mom wants the money.  My mom has been calling, screaming at me and crying for me to just get the money.  She is calling my cousin wicked.  She wants me to get the money and severe all ties with her.  My mom was emotionally abusive, but more than anything, she did nothing when I was being abused by my father all those years.  When it came out, she abandoned me, supported my father, and said I ruined her life.

I'm wondering if there is a way that I create drama in my life.  Like I have been so use to it that I create it or is just a streak of luck and stress that doesn't seem to end?

How can one person possibly go through so much in a life?  I wonder if my therapist wonders if I make stuff up.  She has never questioned anything I have said, but I am hesitant to mention this one because it seems so unbelievable.  She has known about the inheritance for months.  I feel so unbelievable I even printed my dads conviction so she would believe me, even though she never questioned it.

I want to hide in my closet and never come out again.  Sorry for rambling, my mind is working overtime right now.

movementforthebetter

Hi Dee, this is a late reply, but I wanted to let you know that based on this post I don't think you've created any of this drama. It's quite a lot you've been through but I am sure your therapist takes you at your word if they are a professional.

Life is drama, and some of us see more than or fair share of it! I'm sure you know you can't change the past and can't control the future... All any of us can control is our reaction to the emotional response that comes from life's drama, and sometimes barely that much. I hope you stay strong, it's already a testament to your strength that you are hanging in there!

:hug: