Kizzie's Journal

• 134 Replies

Jdog

• View Profile
Re: Kizzie's Journal
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
Oh, thatís great news Kizzie!  Thanks for letting us know that things are on more of an even keel.  Now you can get to the matters which need to be handled in the present day.

Be safe and carry on. :hug:

Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2019, 11:10:30 PM »
Glad to hear you're reconnecting again. The rest will work out too. Take care! :)

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2019, 11:33:23 PM »
That's so cool to hear. :bigwink:  :thumbup: And a testimony to your ability to create a renewed sense together.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2019, 02:34:01 AM »
 :applause: :applause:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »
 :grouphug: 

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
 :cheer: :hug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2020, 06:01:06 PM »
Happy we're settled in our new house and the tension between H and I has subsided.  Way too much stress for both of us, some of which I did not see coming. His intense reaction to moving & retiring was really hard on both of us.

Maybe as a result of all the stress I was drifting down into despair again, much like when Trump was elected. Just too much in the news that scraped against any resiliency/objectivity I had built up.  Right now there just seems to be too many stories of abuse of power, greed... all things things that bring the rage and powerlessness  of having to endure the NPD behav of my parents to the surface.

Stopping watching the news has helped.  Nervous about starting therapy this week but hopeful it will also help.  I still feel a lot of pain and fear obviously so anything I can do to deal with that is good. Will ask about EMDR to shift out of this as it helped last time. They are quite versed in CPTSD though (can't believe how difficult it is to find T's who treat CPTSD), so hopefully they will have some good ideas/strategies. 

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »
Glad things are settling down. Moving and retirement are two big stressors. Understand about feeling nervous about starting therapy. Hope it goes well and you feel heard, understood, and safe with new T.

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2020, 07:44:10 PM »
glad to hear the move is over and the stress has lessened.  best to you with your new t - i hope therapy is helpful for you once again.

the world is in crisis, i agree.  i can only hope that people w/ power do the right thing.  as for me, i can only make my own little part of the world as loving as possible.  standing with you all the way, kizzie.  thanks for sharing.  love and hugs! :hug:

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2020, 05:29:07 AM »
Congratulations on a new home. I hope this new place will be a good place for you. And I'm glad to hear that the stress has settled down a little from after the move. Moving is such a strain!

I hope the new therapist will help you through some healing and help you get to the next step in your recovery and healing.

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2020, 10:19:31 AM »
Hi Kizzie,
Glad that your move has gone ok, and your stress has lessened as a result.  Hope you are enjoying settling in and everything that comes with that.  Good luck with starting the therapy.   :hug:
Hope  :)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2020, 05:25:29 PM »
Tks everyone!  :grouphug:   Tomorrow's the day I meet my new T so will likely write about that once I process a bit. 

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »
I hope it goes well, Kizzie. :hug:

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2020, 08:15:33 PM »
Good luck with that, Kizzie! :hug:

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2020, 05:00:29 AM »
i echo everyone else, kizzie.  best to you and your new t.  love and hugs! :hug: