Kizzie's Journal

Started by Kizzie, October 26, 2014, 02:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

Oh, that's great news Kizzie!  Thanks for letting us know that things are on more of an even keel.  Now you can get to the matters which need to be handled in the present day.

Be safe and carry on. :hug:

Jazzy

Glad to hear you're reconnecting again. The rest will work out too. Take care! :)

woodsgnome

That's so cool to hear. :bigwink:  :thumbup: And a testimony to your ability to create a renewed sense together.

Three Roses

Kizzie

Tee

Kizzie

Happy we're settled in our new house and the tension between H and I has subsided.  Way too much stress for both of us, some of which I did not see coming. His intense reaction to moving & retiring was really hard on both of us.

Maybe as a result of all the stress I was drifting down into despair again, much like when Trump was elected. Just too much in the news that scraped against any resiliency/objectivity I had built up.  Right now there just seems to be too many stories of abuse of power, greed... all things things that bring the rage and powerlessness  of having to endure the NPD behav of my parents to the surface.

Stopping watching the news has helped.  Nervous about starting therapy this week but hopeful it will also help.  I still feel a lot of pain and fear obviously so anything I can do to deal with that is good. Will ask about EMDR to shift out of this as it helped last time. They are quite versed in CPTSD though (can't believe how difficult it is to find T's who treat CPTSD), so hopefully they will have some good ideas/strategies. 

Not Alone

Glad things are settling down. Moving and retirement are two big stressors. Understand about feeling nervous about starting therapy. Hope it goes well and you feel heard, understood, and safe with new T.

sanmagic7

glad to hear the move is over and the stress has lessened.  best to you with your new t - i hope therapy is helpful for you once again.

the world is in crisis, i agree.  i can only hope that people w/ power do the right thing.  as for me, i can only make my own little part of the world as loving as possible.  standing with you all the way, kizzie.  thanks for sharing.  love and hugs! :hug:

Sceal

Congratulations on a new home. I hope this new place will be a good place for you. And I'm glad to hear that the stress has settled down a little from after the move. Moving is such a strain!

I hope the new therapist will help you through some healing and help you get to the next step in your recovery and healing.

Hope67

Hi Kizzie,
Glad that your move has gone ok, and your stress has lessened as a result.  Hope you are enjoying settling in and everything that comes with that.  Good luck with starting the therapy.   :hug:
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Tks everyone!  :grouphug:   Tomorrow's the day I meet my new T so will likely write about that once I process a bit. 

Snowdrop

I hope it goes well, Kizzie. :hug:

Blueberry

Good luck with that, Kizzie! :hug:

sanmagic7

i echo everyone else, kizzie.  best to you and your new t.  love and hugs! :hug: