Sister called once again. Does Hoovering ever stop?

Started by AncientSoul, July 06, 2016, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientSoul

It's been a while since I've posted here. I wrote a lot in the past. I've been working on myself to get myself well. It is still difficult, but one step at a time.

Today my sister called on the phone. I have been No Contact with her since October 2010 after my mother's funeral. There have been a few exceptions to NC, which resulted in strange circumstances. Plus my being blamed for anything and everything, my character trashed, and flat out lies said about me by my sister. That was Last August.  I have only been in close vicinity of my sister one time since, and that was when I was driving and she was walking on the road. I got a look of total hate from her. I kept driving.

My main gripe is that my sister has and is taking everything. I am nearly well enough to fight and take back what is mine and has been stolen from me. I have in the past loaned money to her and her kids. In August I asked to be paid back. She said I'm not owed a thing. I have a rental house of which I own half, she owns a quarter of it. Her kids live in it and I haven't received any rent since 2009, yet, my sister "charges" me for their utilities and other expenses she creates. I used to have money. I loaned it to my sister and her kids, paid for fixing things, and paid for my mother's medical care, funeral, paid off all debts which my sister ran up on my Mom's accounts, and then I had my own medical care which I paid for, as I got very sick. I live frugally, but ran out of money, so I've been selling things which I worked hard to get over the years before becoming care giver.

The message from my sister today was to tell me to apply for Social Security so I could finally have some money. She made it sound like I'm worthless. My sister and her kids owe me close to 200 grand. My sister has effectively blocked my inheritance from my mother, as she said, "Her kids want to live on grandma's property." My mother's estate properties are worth over a million dollars combined. I've been too ill to fight my sister. I'm better now. I could live just fine if I got paid back and received my inheritance. I spent twenty years taking care of my parents and aunts and uncles without any help from my sister or her kids. They were "too busy".

I am thinking of writing my sister's four children. They have great jobs, three of them owe me money, and they "stay out of" anything to do with their mother and me. They say its between siblings and not their business. Well, their mother is nuts! She may be my sister, but she is dangerous. And if they don't pay me back, (one lives on my property and in a house I own, plus they never check on me and I'm their uncle who was always there for them) then they are flat out stealing from me and so is their mother. She believes what is hers is hers, and what is mine is hers too. She's already taken so much through deceit and greed. I paid fair market value to my aunt to buy my house and property, and I also am the only one to pay outright for the rental house and property, as I bought out my brother's share. (My brother is out of the picture, he is totally disabled from strokes) My sister has not paid for owning any of the properties and she took everything of my brother's.

With my sister calling me and saying that, it really makes me mad. Is she just trying to get me back into the fold, taunting me, trying to get me to have a stroke or heart attack? I don't trust her.

Thanks once again for listening. This is an outlet for me, as I need to vent. I also don't wish to do something stupid, which I'm fully capable of doing something stupid, like contacting my sister and being pulled back in. She cannot be reasoned with.

Three Roses

:hug:

I'm glad to meet you - I'm kind of a newbie here.

I'm sorry to hear the struggles you're going thru. Do you have the resources to retain a lawyer?

Good luck in moving forward :)

Danaus plexippus

My brother pulled the same $hi+ with me. Put your properties that they are living in on the market. Let a realtor deal with them. Rent it out to other people while they are squatting there. If they fight you, stop paying for everything including property tax. That was the only way I got free of my brother. You're never going to get money out of any of them, but you can get satisfaction. Don't worry about them considering you the bad guy 'caus right now they consider you the sucker!