Lack of support

Started by Albnsc2012, July 17, 2016, 02:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albnsc2012

I don't feel that I have very much support. I'm n/c with my mother and sister not they cared anything about me. And because of my mother and sister extended family won't have anything to do with me. my family is not very big. I have never been able to make friends and feel like so far behind othees. I also am hard of hearing since birth. I go to church but don't seem to get much support there. I think I am going through a crisis of faith right now.
It just seems like others avoid me when I get very depressed. This current relapse of depression has been going on for over six Months now. My PCP referred me to a psychiatrist as my dr was not able to find the right meds.
Anyways I feel like an outsider most of the time.  I don't have anything in common with anyone. And I work so much. It hurts that I don't even get a text msg asking how I am.  I don't know much I want so bad to fit in and be accepted but I don't know how. I know I share to much I think it might be for sympathy. But I really am hurting. I feel like I am such a bother and so needy.  I have been thinking how unfair my life has been.  My family have always put me down for not succeeding when it is their doing that I am So screwed up.

Three Roses

:hug:

Churches can be a lonely spot. Fitting in can be difficult in a place where only happiness and blessings are recognized and celebrated.

A long time ago we were attending a large church; in an effort to fit in/find friends I started volunteering. I met some fabulous people that way, and am still friends with several even tho we moved away.

I understand about the crisis of faith, but the reasons people avoid us have more to do with their own weaknesses and insecurities than faith.

You matter, you make a difference just being here. Thanks for sharing your vulnerability; when you do, it helps others and draws us all closer.

Danaus plexippus

Have you tried joining a support group for the hearing impaired?  Blaming  and shaming people with disabilities adds insult to injury and should be roundly condemned in a civilized society.

doodle22

Albnsc, I am new here, but feel like an outsider too in the world... n/c /far away from FOO. I am disabled (eyes/brain) and that also can be lonely, I know. I take the bus now, and find it easier to speak with almost total strangers, although I know I keep people at "arm's length"...I did volunteer for awhile, but I stay solitary mostly, and I keep trying to find other interests, right now Art Museums, don't know if that interests you. I have dealt with severe depression since childhood, you are not alone..sometimes just knowing I am not alone helps, being accepted right where I am by others who understand this journey, I can still have Hope, one day at a time, I guess is where I am at.🌷🌷

Albnsc2012

Thanks everybody.  It has been a tough week at work. I have been dealing with a bully and no matter how many times I told her she was hurting me with what she was saying it wouldn't stop. I lost my temper yesterday and got in trouble for it. The supervisor keep yelling at me and would not listen. People just don't want to listen to me.