sound

Started by rosierhodes, July 23, 2016, 11:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosierhodes

Do any of you hear a constant sound...repeating sound....that is caused by anxiety in your head? 

Three Roses

First of all, welcome! We are glad you're here.

Cptsd can cause all sorts of disturbing side effects. So can many medications. If you are in therapy, what does your therapist say about it?

I found an article online which says in part: "Among combat veterans with PTSD, 30-40% report auditory hallucinations (AH). AH are more frequent in combat veterans with chronic PTSD and it has been suggested that this may reflect a distinct subtype of PTSD that may be under-recognized for two reasons: first, patients are reluctant to report AH and, second, more emphasis has, traditionally, been placed on the intrusive images associated with PTSD and less on intrusive auditory hallucinations." (http://blogs.plos.org/mindthebrain/2013/04/24/hearing-voices-ptsd-and-auditory-hallucinations/)

Hope this info helps.  :wave:

Sienna

Hey rosierhodes, and welcome!
I know that derealisation and depersonalisation are symptoms of anxieyt- they are disassociation..so dissociation i guess happens when the nervous system is overloaded to its max capacity...
what I'm trying to say is that i get a ringing in my ears. Right or left. Ive never noticed before so i don't know if it was always there, but have noticed recently and it was around the time i started experiencing depersonalisation.
Is that what you mean?
Its like a mini alarm going off in my ear...not- on, off, on off, but continuous like....ummmmmmm.

rosierhodes

Thank you for welcoming me.  No it's not a ringing, it's a constant pattern of sound from my brain, it's not from the outside, that gets worse when i am very anxious and only if I am extremely distracted I wont notice it.  Like for instance, if I am playing with my grandchildren, I won't notice it. I notice it at work, at home and anytime I am not distracted.  Sometimes I do my housework to the sound of it because it is like being plugged in to energy.  I am thinking it might be a type of disassociation.  Thank you for responding to my question.....I was married to a sociopath for several years and I was always in fear of my life and the life of my pets and before him to an alcoholic who was not as intelligent as the sociopath but did psychological harm to me.  The sociopath was a trained counselor and he knew how to manipulate my emotions to the point of extreme fear.

Three Roses

I'm sorry to hear what you've gone through.  :(

Can the sound be tinnitus?

Sienna

rosierhodes, your welcome!
The ringing i hear comes from my brain or my ears, but it is not reacting to sounds from the outside. This can happen when I'm just sat at home in the quiet. (And its not me hearing the normal buzzing that people hear when there is silence, as it is loud and it comes and goes)

I have read that people who disassociate can hear ringing. Not sure if the ringing is constant, but as far as i know, the ringing only comes when I'm not feeling upset etc. ...feeling..nothing much.

I am also sorry that you went through those experiences with those men. There are people who understand what thats like here, me being one of them.  :hug: