Perfect timing

Started by emotion overload, August 28, 2014, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emotion overload

Wow, this site could not have come at a more perfect time for me.  After spending the last 7 months since I came OOTF exploring my history as an unchosen, I am trying to start thriving, rather than just surviving.  I just re-started EMDR on Monday and the focus is to work on the agaraphobia and worthlessness I feel as a results of my years of being both an unchosen and then a chosen non.  I am officially diagnosed with PTSD by my T, but C-PTSD fits my symptoms better.

I'm also changing my meds, so my head is a bit out of sorts.  The name emotion overload fits me even better during this med transition time.  I am experiencing high high and low lows right now.  I'm not sleeping well.  I hope all this tinkering with my brain is a benefit in the long run, because right now it is just frustrating! 

Thanks for starting this site, I look forward to posting!

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS EmotionOverload, glad you found your way here from OOTF.

I suspect we'll eventually see lots of people who are members in both forums - dealing with people who have a PD, especially as children just sets us up for developing CPTSD unfortunately.

I hope you are able to settle into your new med regime soon.  It took me a good month on my current med (Celexa) and I'm glad I stuck with it as it has helped so much. 

If you have any resources re CPTSD to share plse do - we're 'trail blazers' in that respect, just like OOTF when it first started I would imagine. Hopefully we'll build up a cache of good resources/information as we go along.

Happy posting  ;D