schrödinger's journal

Started by schrödinger's cat, October 27, 2014, 08:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepfighting

Sorry to hear about your friend. It is so sad and unfair.

In Dutch, people wish one another 'strength' in all things concerning illness and death. I'd rather wish you 'courage': Courage to be there for your friend as long as she's still around and courage to face your own sadness as well as that of the people closest to her after she's gone.  :hug:

Quote from: schrödinger's cat on February 16, 2015, 08:51:34 AM
I'm glad that you all made it this far. This loss that my friend's family is about to experience made me think of all of you - that so many of you could have been quietly lost. I'm so, so, so glad that you weren't.  :hug: 

Right back at you, Cat! Happy 'second birthday' to you, too!  :hug:

schrödinger's cat

Kizzie

So sorry to hear about your friend Cat  :hug:

Anamiame

Hugs to you Cat. :hug:

It was my very near death experience that gave me this understanding and helped me to truly appreciate life.  This journey isn't easy.  But it's OUR journey.  I like the idea of a glad you survived day. 

Praying for you and your friend. 

schrödinger's cat

Thanks.  :hug:  She's already unable to talk, and we don't even know if she's conscious. So it was a shock, getting that phonecall and hearing that she's already gone, in a way. It reminds me of the time my father fell ill, back when I was two years old. It happened from one day to the other, wham, just like that, all at once. So in my post, when I talked about people disappearing, I meant it very literally. It's an unsettling thing to witness.

So it's a good thing that my husband and I are a lot better able to talk about our feelings, and that we're aware of our FOO's dynamics and of our childhood trauma. We went through the death of another dear friend of ours about a decade ago, and back then, we just bottled things up and each of us dealt with it on his or her own. That was not a good time.