Mental health since ....

Started by Boatsetsailrose, July 15, 2016, 07:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

So I came off anti dep as I felt 'so together and in a good place ..
Well I went very badly down hill with major inner critic stuff - I could not cope
I am back on them ( since Feb ) but I am not back to 'normal'
There has been a lot of change got out of long term relationship late last year ... Just recently moved house ( not my choice )
Somehow I am managing each day ( in spite of my head saying I'm not ...
The thing I'm struggling with is anxiety / fear and intrusive thoughts ... Are intrusive thoughts from the anxiety that is born from the anxiety ? I know they increase the anxiety ...I've had the same ones previously in my life and I know they are not real but they are distressing ...
This time on the anti depressants I don't feel 'myself ' but I don't know if that's the anti dep or where I am at ...
I dont even really know what I need ... I feel lost
I do recovery groups 12 steps and am looking at getting some counselling support 1-1 - I feel I need it
I hate the way I feel ... I do get some respite esp when busy - but sitting with myself is painful and stressful ...
Any suggestions - ideas - experiences appreciated

Boatsetsailrose

Also I feel like I am getting a stomach ulcer and I get Ibs symptoms

Three Roses

:hug:

I also went off anti dep's and wound up back on them.

You certainly have been thru a lot of stressful changes recently. Maybe you just need time?

I'm not sure what to tell you to try, to feel more comfortable with yourself; perhaps writing a letter to your inner, hurting child? Or maybe just visualizing holding her on your lap.

Hang in there.

Boatsetsailrose

Thank u three roses ...
Yes that's a good thing that has come out of this I have found a compassion for myself and I talk to 'little love '
Writing I also find helpful ..
It's so good to be able to come on here and speak it out and get replies people that understand and have similar ...
It can feel so lonely other wise