Questions concerning medical treatment

Started by rain.brown, August 01, 2016, 05:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rain.brown

I am struggling, like many of you wit complex PTSD. I have been suffering with trying to get out of the incredibly crippling and devastating trauma of my early childhood for many, many year. I have an additional think to deal with, a chronic illness that causes much pain. I have to make some medical decisions soon. I do the fawn and flight type, whenever something is hard I cave like a ton of bricks. :fallingbricks:

Here's the question. I've decided not to seek medical treatment anymore. I'm 53. I'll go if I've an infection or cold or something that can be fixed, but I won't do anymore breast cancer, colon cancer checks. I won't do all the MRI's and the test after test. I am going to stop all of that and go when I go.

My question. Do you think that is an okay thing to do? Moral if you like?I've had terrible medical support and have no one in the medical field to help me. Obama care has made getting any kind of care nearly impossible. I feel so bad all the time (chronic pain) that I don't want to pursue any medical help anymore. I'd like your thoughts.

Three Roses

Welcome! We're glad you're here.

I'm not qualified to say if it's right, or if it's responsible, or anything. You must do what is right for you.

But, I don't go to the doctor unless I'm very sick or in pain, so it's obvious I'm not a fan of doctors.

sanmagic7

i agree with 3roses.  seeking medical or any other kinds of professional help has to be your own decision.  you are the only one who knows what is right for you.

have you tried any alternative procedures or techniques?  i'm not familiar with names of books, but there are self-help books for things like acupressure, yoga, meditation, and relaxation that may calm some of the nerves that are causing pain.  i have lots of muscle pain, and see a massage therapist who specializes in pressure points.  when pressed correctly, they can release both toxins and stored up emotions/trauma/feelings that will help ease some pain.  there are also books that show where pressure points are in your body if you care to try it on your own.  the internet and youtube have lots of information on self-help strategies for relaxation and pain relief.  eft tapping can also be used for physical conditions such as ibs, pain relief, or weight problems, to name a few.  i've just typed in general headings and poked around to see what information is available. 

i don't know if any of this is appealing to you, but i, too, only go to docs to get what i need when i need it.   so much of what is wrong with me physically is due to all the stress i've endured, and i've had plenty of tests in my time, so now i work on alleviating the stress and what has come from it by different alternative means.  good luck to you with this.  being in pain and not having the right kind of care is frustrating, to say the least.

Danaus plexippus

I go to the doctor as little as possible myself. I'm older than you, but that should not be an issue. Young people have elected to discontinue invasive procedures and painful tests and just live out what's left of their lives as comfortably as possible. It's the most personal decision of all. Search "living will" and decide if that's the route you want to go.