Trigger warning - death anxiety

Started by 89abc123, August 05, 2016, 04:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89abc123

So it's a bit of a morbid post...

But the healthier I am getting the more I am fearing my own death. Over the past week I can't stop thinking that my life has no end. I don't know how to stop these thoughts because there is nothing I can do to stop death happening and I'm terrified.

The good news is that the thing that triggered this anxiety is that for the first time since I was about 10 I am actually feeling wonderful. I realised how much I love life and living. But I'm fearful that time is running out. I just don't want life to end because I really want to and love being here.

Has anyone experienced anxiety over this as a result of their recovery?

Three Roses

Glad you're feeling good! I haven't had that reaction but it kind of makes sense - you're in unfamiliar territory, it sounds like. Anxiety inducing unfamiliarity. Sorry I couldn't be more help.  :P

Kizzie

Hi 89 - makes perfect sense to me that you would fear losing all the wonderful things life is beginning to offer you.  In a sense you have more to lose now that you can feel again than when you were mostly numb/experiencing the negative and distressing symptoms of CPTSD. 

It may be that the fear will fade as you become more used to feeling good.   :yes: