Psychological comedys

Started by chairmanmeow, June 12, 2016, 01:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairmanmeow

Iv seen Pixars "inside out" and loved it, I also have seen movies like "As good as it gets" and "Anger Management" Im sure there is a whole world of movies based on psychology Im missing out on.... anyone have any favorites

Dutch Uncle

I particularly like psychological detectives. Like "Columbo".
But that's probably since I don't know that many psychological comedies.
Or do "Monty Python" and "Fawlty Towers" count?  ;D
Or "The Daily Show"? Though that may be Political Comedy. I love that show.

Three Roses

I'm not sure if this counts, IIRC there was some violence but I remember "Analyze This" being funny. Also, "Dr Strangelove".

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Three Roses on June 12, 2016, 09:01:58 PM
I'm not sure if this counts, IIRC there was some violence but I remember "Analyze This" being funny. Also, "Dr Strangelove".
"Analyse This" was funny. That's with Billy Chrystal and Robert DeNiro, right?
"Dr. Stranglove" is awesome, and funny, too.

movementforthebetter

I've been working my way through Lady Dynamite on Netflix. It stars Maria Bamford and is about her struggle to rejoin the Hollywood comedy scene after being hospitalized for bipolar disorder. It is very weird and has incredibly funny scenes. Stuff that's truly original and totally gets mental illness and the road to recovery. It's crude and full of swears, but I like that. I actually find it hard to take Maria Bamford myself, but the show is so funny that I bought in by the end of the 2nd half hour. I might even look up some of her comedy now. She's an alt comic, so definitely niche, but I think a lot of folks here might identify with her perspective.