A little disappointed

Started by Sandstone, August 13, 2016, 06:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandstone

since meeting my bf and feeling loved for the first time but still being extremely insecure lack of trust fear of abandonment etc well u know how it goes...
Anyway i knew i needed help seriously for it this time or it would go just like every other of my relationships.
Hence i was told i had multiple trauma and have read and learnt so much since.
Thing is i really want my bf to know and understand about it all and why im like i am. Unfortunately theres so much to learn about it i dont want to overwhelm him.

I tried last week to let him read something easy about stress but his first response was he was too tired. I didnt react very well to that tbh and i know he felt bad and tried to get me to show him again bit i wouldn't.
Today i tried reading something to him but he just said he didnt understand any of what i was saying.
I really want him to understand about me but it just doesn't look like its gonna happen and i cant help feeling disappointed.
Am i being unreasonable?  How did anyone else approach this with their partners?

Sandstone

Ah iv found some old posts re this with helpful info  :cheer:

Monriss

It often makes me feel isolated that others (particularly people I feel close to) cannot seem to understand my feelings. But, I know it has been very difficult to understand myself. I can't expect other people who have not experienced trauma to know how I feel, especially when I am still so confused myself. It is also very tiring to try and explain something so complicated. Unfortunately I'm pretty new to this and don't have much advice, but I feel for you. Best of luck.

Sandstone

Thank you Monriss, you are right,  its difficult enough for us to understand let alone someone who hasnt experienced it. It can be very isolating,  thank goodness for you guys and this place.