talking with siblings

Started by caroline, August 11, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caroline

I have been talking with a sibling and feel really overwhelmed by how much was going on for them as well.  Very different stuff, plus some of the same.  I feel awful that i walked away and tried to save myself and just left. 

I know my older  sibling did the same and how i felt when they left.  I did the exact same thing.  I'm so glad to be able to talk to one of them about this, and we are hoping to get the other involved by going out for a meal or something, which has never happened in our whole lives together, and we are all between 30's and 40's now.  So much time lost just hiding from each other and feeling bad and all the while living in the same area and just feeling so odd that we don't know how to connect.  I'm not even sure how i am managing to type this. I don't feel like i am connected to my hands.  I hope this gets easier. 

Dee

Good for you!  My sister left me when I was 9, I have never blamed her.  She was young, abused, and did the best she could.  I am very impressed that you have talked about such a hot issue.  The closest thing my sister and I have come to it was her telling me "forget about it, it never happened."  It is always the elephant in the room.

You are having such a lot going on at one time.  When I fell, I fell hard.  It seems that everything hits at once.  Keep posting, we are here for you!

caroline

Thank  you for the reply Dee.

Don't have many words tonight, but thank you for the support x