Triggered

Started by Contessa, August 12, 2016, 09:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Hey all, had a setback today and not feeling too good. Any suggestions for short term coping strategies that don't involve a hot bath? Thank you

Contessa

Oh boy. In tears now, I guess I just have to go through it...

sanmagic7

just want to let you know you're not alone. 

sometimes, what helps me cope is to watch a movie/tv series that's light and funny and makes me laugh.  it helps me get away, even for only a little while, from the torment.  tears of sorrow ---> tears of laughter. 

i've also done mindful breathing, just concentrating on the in and out of my breath, to help my system calm and slow itself down.  writing down my thoughts and feelings, just letting them flow out my fingers has also helped me immensely.  it helps get the bad stuff out of me so that i can tear it up and throw it out.  get rid of it.  drawing, using color and lines to express what i'm going thru visually, has also been something that's helped me get through a bad time.  another way to get the poison out of me.

i don't know ifany of these will help, but i hope you get some relief.  one foot in front of the other.  big hug!

Contessa

Thanks Sanmagic. Will add those ideas to my toolbox.
Did some journaling, have chatted with friends - they were helpful except when they tried to tell me to suck eggs. Insense, meditation music... still impulsive however. Will ultimately speak my mind to whomever triggeredme however...

Contessa

Update, had it out with the person in question. It was quite the argument, but it was established that what they did was legitimately a douche move.

They decided to let me down with the plans we had made with a legitimate reason that is no skin off my nose. Things are quite sensitive at the moment so its baby steps anyway. Unfortunately what actually happened was they were worried I would get upset with them, so they followed through with our plans with somebody else which by sheer perceptive aptitude I figured out straight away. By doing so they fulfilled their own prophecy.

So we've had that discussion (argument), which opened the way to better understanding. Still touch and go, resolution still a way off. But a nasty incident non-the-less.

Dutch Uncle

Three Roses

A douche move, indeed. I'm happy you were able to let them know how that made you feel!  :applause:

Contessa

Thank you Three Roses. Still quite rattled today. Will be checking in here more about this to bounce ideas off you guys about working through this further, its really unsettled me in a way that logically, I should just dump this friend. But I can't.

sanmagic7

i hate it when the heart interferes with logic!!!  good going so far.

Contessa

Contessa

Oh boy... the waves between calm and complete mental chaos are horrid. I hate this.

sanmagic7