Working Through a Memory ** Poss Trigger**

Started by Survivor526, August 18, 2016, 05:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor526

At this point my tormentor (Narc mother) has been dead for many years, my life is truly lovely (I think God rewarded my suffering) and I'm recovering...but slowly. A few days ago I heard an old song that is almost never played anywhere. It's Harry Nillson's "Without You", it's really a very pretty song, but songs are often emotional triggers for me and this one was very much so. When I heard the song I could feel myself in my childhood room. I was looking out the window. The grass and the trees were green and I was singing the song. "I can't live if living is without you. I can't live. I can't give anymore." My mother had recently killed my kitten and told me that my best friend had done it.  I was praying that God would take me to heaven too. I was 4. I was praying for death and I was 4. I'm determined to  to work through this. I am going to let myself feel it.  I'm going to mourn the childhood I didn't get and I'm going to get past it. I'm not going to stuff it down this time, I'll stand up to it. God help me...again.

Three Roses

:hug: :hug: :'(

I wish I could hug that little 4 year old!