Just Saying Hello

Started by zazu, November 05, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zazu

Hey everyone,

I'm zazu, you may know me from Out Of The Fog.
I don't have a formal diagnosis of c-ptsd (does anyone formally diagnose that yet?) But I have been diagnosed with PTSD, as well as major depression, GAD, panic disorder and body dysmorphic disorder. So in other words, I'm a real piece of work.  :wave:

The topics on this board are the kinds of things I struggle with every day, so I'm really glad this place is here.

Looking forward to doing some real work on these issues.
Thanks for having me. :) 

Rain

Welcome to zazu!   Glad you are here and can join in the Journey to healing and recovery.

You know, you are a real piece of work ...True Art Work.  We are not our symptoms.   We are so much more, as the gem is discovered inside the rubble that has covered it for so long.

If you are not already familiar with Pete Walker's book, CPTSD: Surviving to Thriving, please check it out.   Also, his web site is a real gift with many articles www.pete-walker.com

I look forward to your posts, zazu! 

:hug:

schrödinger's cat

Hi zazu, pleased to meet you. I hope you'll find something here that's helpful.  :wave:

zazu

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. :hug:

I've looked at Pete Walker's website. I can't afford his book right now (I have very limited time and resources currently, I'm afraid) but the website makes it clear he really "gets it". He's the first psychologist I've ever known to mention the "freeze" response I (and so many others) struggle with.

And I do really hope there is someone beneath my symptoms...if only one day I can find out who that is!

somnambulist

Kizzie

You're in there Zazu, we all are but we justfeel buried under all the ****** from our pasts.

Welcome to OOTF  :hug: